Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's been goin on.....

Just a short break from the Colorado pictures to get some updates on our everyday life. As you all know Riley is now 5 and as of today in Kindergarten. Well I, make that we, think she should be riding a bike with NO training wheels!! Who's with me???!! So each night we have been going out for some lessons. How long do these lessons last you ask?? How about 20 minutes!!!! Yes that's right!! 20 minutes (maybe) till she's so worked up and nervous that she can TRY no more, 20 minutes (maybe) till Gregg or I are so worked up and MAD that she won't even TRY!!!

So here we go.....
We can barely get her to pedal the dang thing!!!


Wow look at that she's doing it...1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds...oh wait Dad doesn't have me, and she stops pedaling and loses her balance.


I need a break....my legs are too tired.


Colt: Look Momma I free!! I wanna big bike.

And this is normally how the lessons end. Not well!!! Gregg and I so mad that she isn't even trying and her crying cause her legs are just too tired and "I can't do it" She does not get the concept of practice.....AT ALL!!!



So on to better days!! Well maybe not better....I had to take the kids in to get caught up on some shots. This is Riley's arm 2 days later???!!! Not sure what to make of this...but like my mother says

"Poop, you'll feel better."




Today Riley started Kindergarten and Colt (well actually yesterday) started Boomer Kids Club. Riley woke up bright and early with no help, up and adam she was.


"I going to miss you Wiwey? Gregg also starts his second year as a early childhood PE teacher. Pray for a better year!!! Can you see the excitement in his face!!??



Some breakfast to get the day going. And no I didn't make K shaped pancakes....Thanks Whit for making the rest of us look like horrible moms!!! ;)




One more pose before you go.And they're off.... Have a great day Riley Bug!!



3 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't worry, both of our kids time learning to ride without training wheels went the same way =o) Before you know it she'll be off and you won't be able to get the camera quick enough!

The Kinoti's said...

Gosh I can't believe she's already in school. * tear

Unknown said...

OK--I'm laughing out loud! The picture of Gregg storming off with her bike and her crying in the background...brings back so many memories of Brant this summer!! Don't worry, Mom...Brant is 6 and just now got the hang of it. He can ride it by himself but doesn't know how to start and stop himself. Oh, and he NEVER wants to ride it. We have to make him. What is wrong him? I was on my bike ALL THE TIME his age!! And remember--I stay home so I have time to make pancakes in the morning--you're a busy WORKING mom!! After I drop Brant off I sit around and eat bonbons all day! HA!!